When you purchase fine European lingerie, you are buying quality, luxury and an immaculate fit. With just a few simple steps, you can easily preserve the quality of your bra and extend its life.
Rotate your bra selections frequently. Excessive wear will weaken the band and straps' elasticity. The oil and sweat from your body can also collect and lead to a breakdown of the bra's fabric composition. Be kind to your bras and give them an occasional break.
After every other wear, take time to hand wash your bra. Although you may have lingerie bags handy and a “Delicate Cycle” on your washing machine, neither will properly protect your bra. A spin in the washing machine is dangerous. The hooks can snag, the wires can deform or come loose, and the straps can catch, snap or overstretch. Hand washing ensures your bra will be safe and retain its fit and beauty.
Hand washing is not as daunting as it seems. Here's a breakdown of the steps.
1. Fill up a sink of lukewarm water.
2. Always check for colorfastness before dunking an entire garment in the water. We suggest you dip a corner of the item in water, hang it over a clean, white cloth and see if any dye drips off. Many dark garments release some dye when washed. Be aware of this so you're not inadvertently staining other items in the process.
3. Now it’s time to break out the cleaning agent. We swear by Forever New, an organic fabric wash composed of gentle ingredients, meant to draw out oils and restore elasticity and color to your lingerie and other hosiery. Forever New is available in the classic granular formulation (Forever New 32 oz., 8 oz., and 4 oz.), a liquid formula ideal for dark fabrics (Ovacion 16 oz.) and an excellent stain remover, perfect for even your most delicate fabrics (Stain Remedy 6.7 oz.)
3. Add Forever New fabric wash to the water. Swish your hand in to mix the fabric wash, then add your delicates. Just as with regular laundry, wash like colors together.
4. Agitate gently, let sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly; the best way to remove excess water is to squeeze gently or roll in a clean towel.
Soak Wash is a liquid detergent, which can also be used to care for your delicate items. Not only will this product leave your garments refreshingly clean, you can also choose from scents like Yuzu, Lacey, Aquae, Celebration and the scentless formula for sensitive skin. Available in a 14oz size or a 3oz bottle, perfect for traveling.
Following these simple steps will turn you in to a hand-washing pro:
1. Pour one teasponn (or one squeeze) of the detergent into a gallon of cool water. Make sure there is enough room for the water to completely cover your items
2. Saturate it for 15 minutes. Although Soak is a no-rinse formula, the no-rinse process is recommended for your fine lingerie undergarments. Rinse your intimate lingerie throughly.
3. Gently squeeze out the water. Some color may bleed into the water, but not to worry, this will not harm your garment. It comes out in the machine wash as well.
4. Lay your garments flat to dry.
Soak's "No Rinse" process can be used on almost anything else you might want to handwash, from pajamas, nightgowns, robes, cottons, knits etc... almost anything in your wardrobe even your fine knit sweaters. Soak's "No-Rinse" formula is un-matched.
Always let your bras air dry, taking time and care to reshape the cups when necessary. The dryer is just as dangerous as a washing machine.
For Fabric Care Instructions, Click Here